Watch this brief overview of the AmbITion Scotland 2012/3 programme:
AmbITion Scotland is a £1m digital development programme for 2012/3 specifically designed to support individuals and organisations working in the arts, culture and heritage sectors in Scotland. It helps organisations and individuals grow in their capability, capacity, creativity and confidence to make the most of the opportunities of digital technologies. Supported by The National Lottery through Creative Scotland, it follows a previous 2 year £1m programme that ran in Scotland 2009-11 (also Supported by The National Lottery through Creative Scotland/Scottish Arts Council).
AmbITion Scotland is a core piece of Creative Scotland’s Cultural Economy Programme. AmbITion Scotland works strategically with digital development delivery partners NESTA and Sync to offer a range of opportunities for digital learning, experimentation, and innovation to the Scottish cultural sector.
AmbITion Scotland is for individuals and organisations within the arts, culture and heritage sectors to increase their operational efficiency; business model resilience; and digital artistic output. It:
- provides financial and consultancy support for organisations wanting to digitally develop;
- provides a library of online information here on this website– how to guides, case studies and video on demand of live seminars;
- offers signposting to the most up to date information and innovative practice in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors;
- is a forum for sharing information — online through the social network on this website and in person through a regular series of events;
- helps participants to meet others with similar digital development projects and learn from each other; and
- produces regular learning and knowledge sharing events: a national conference, webinars (webcast seminars), training workshops, roadshows, and networking sessions.
In order to provide additional support to its community, AmbITion Scotland has partnered with Interface to launch a brokering service with Scotland’s Higher Education Institutions – offering the help and support of Scottish Universities for free to the cultural sector – for digital R&D and innovation projects. Interface can also support AmbITIon Scotland organisations find student interns, providing fresh ideas and up to date digital knowledge from Scotland’s undergraduates and postgraduates to cultural organisations.
In July 2012 AmbITion Scotland will launch the Make IT Happen Fund which will support for digital development in the cultural sector. Up to date information will be provided on this website, social channels and via @getambition.
Sign up to the AmbITIon Scotland mailing list to keep up to date on its latest funding, learning and support opportunities.