Watch this brief overview of the AmbITion Scotland 2012/3 programme:
AmbITion Scotland is a £1.1m+ digital development programme for 2012/3 specifically designed to support organisations and practices working in the arts, culture, and heritage sectors in Scotland. It helps organisations and individuals grow in their capability, capacity, creativity and confidence to make the most of the opportunities of digital technologies. Supported by The National Lottery through Creative Scotland, it follows a previous 2 year £1m programme that ran in Scotland 2009-11 (also Supported by The National Lottery through Creative Scotland/Scottish Arts Council).
AmbITion Scotland is for organisations and practices within the arts, culture, and heritage sectors to optimise digital developments for increased operational efficiency; business model resilience; interconnectedness with the public; and digital artistic/core product output. It:
- provides financial and consultancy support for organisations and practices wanting to digitally develop (the Make IT Happen Fund is currently closed);
- provides a huge resource of online information on this website – how to guides, video case studies, and video on demand of live masterclasses;
- offers signposting to the most up to date information and innovative digital practice across all areas of work in the arts, cultural and heritage sectors;
- is a forum for sharing information with professionals in the arts, culture, heritage, digital media and digital technology sectors — online through the social network on this website, and in person through a regular series of live events;
- helps participants to meet others with similar digital development projects and learn from each other; and
- produces regular learning and knowledge sharing events: webcast seminars, training workshops, roadshows, and networking sessions.
In order to provide additional support to its community, AmbITion Scotland has partnered with Interface to launch a brokering service with Scotland’s Higher Education Institutions – offering the help and support of Scottish Universities for free to the cultural sector – for digital R&D and innovation projects. Interface can also support AmbITIon Scotland organisations find student interns, providing fresh ideas and up to date digital knowledge from Scotland’s undergraduates and postgraduates to cultural organisations.
AmbITion Scotland is a core piece of Creative Scotland’s Cultural Economy Programme. AmbITion Scotland works strategically with digital development delivery partners NESTA and Sync to offer a range of opportunities for digital learning, experimentation, and innovation to the Scottish cultural sector.
Sign up to the AmbITIon Scotland mailing list to keep up to date on its latest funding, learning and support opportunities.